Sunday, December 8, 2013

Maya & Filippo Make Friends in Auckland by Alinka Rutkowska, Konrad Checinski (Illustrator)


*received for an honest review
(5 stars)
I loved this book for many reasons: 1) It is a great book for both boys and girls. As a mother of a boy and a girl I’m constantly on the lookout for both boy and girl friendly books. 2) I love that it takes place in Auckland! Great opportunity for students to learn about New Zealand 3) I love the lesson about attitude! Both Maya and Filippo attracted negative people to them when they were negative and positive people to them when they were positive.  The lesson about thinking happy thoughts when you’re sad was also a great lesson.  This is a great story!  I plan on reading it with my kids.  
 
release date: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...